They say you don’t really know a person until you walk in their shoes but I think one way to get a feel for a person is to see what they keep in their wallet. I’m not exactly sure what it reveals about you but I thought I’d document the contents of my wallet so you can see what’s in there and what it says about me.
So taking them from the top, here’s what you can see:
- £11.33 including a £10 note with ‘968’ written on it (no idea why).
- $11 US, $20 Australian and one Scottish pound note. The first two from when I’ve visited those countries and the latter is to prove that Scottish pound notes (which have been phased out now) actually existed!
- West Yorkshire metro card (expired) complete with dodgy photo of me looking like I’ve just escaped from a lunatic asylum (I’ve tried to recreate the crazed look but never managed it).
- Picture of my good lady and me taken a few Christmases ago (can be seen in the clear view section of my wallet).
- The wallet itself – container of all else in the photo. Made by Animal.
- Various receipts. I keep them after I buy things until I get too many then just throw them out. I should probably have a system and keep the ones from larger cost items but I don’t. Bad John!
- Some Moo cards. If only I had someone to give them to…
- Some dodgy photo booth photos – everybody should have some!
- An AA card, credit card, Morrisons miles card (even though I never shop there), nectar card, debit card and (essential) starbucks card.
- Some first class stamps (only one left) and a note from my good lady reminding me that she loves me!
- A security card to get into my office (which I’ve never used).
- Airline tickets from my 2003 trip to New Zealand – the first time I ever flew business class – which was a wonderful holiday.
- Tickets from a trip my good lady and I took to Warwick Castle in 2000. It was early days for us and we had a fantastic time! 🙂
- Global Video card (everybody has one but I’ve not used it in years) and a membership from some sports bar in Leeds I’ve not been to in years.
I guess my first thought is that I’m quite sentimental considering how many things are in there that are there purely to evoke memories! So what do you think it says about me? And what’s in your wallet?!