Following quite a lot of late nights and a fair bit of work I’m ready to unleash a new version of John’s Background Switcher on the world! This latest version contains a host of bug fixes along with some cool new features. My favourites include:
- Facebook mode – your friends photos on your desktop!
- Customisable montage options like ‘Postcard’ mode.
- User-settable picture sizes in montage modes.
- Auto border colour selection based on the colour of the picture.
- Portrait-only picture selection in addition to landscape-only.
- The settings are shown if you re-launch JBS from a shortcut.
- The calendar can be shown on all screens, not just the primary one.
- Choose photos from all photo sources instead of just one.
- The fixing of the mysterious GDI+ error once and for all!
Since a picture paints a thousand words I’ve put together some screenshots that show what’s new in John’s Background Switcher 3.4. Click a picture to see the description and click on it again to go to the next one. When you’ve done, go and download the latest version:
The download page is here. Enjoy!